Rule of 400 Points in Rating Difference
1. FIDE has been using the rule of 400 points in rating difference since 1 July 2009. The old FIDE rule of 350 points has been cancelled now.
2. The FIDE Handbook states the rule as this, ” A difference in rating of more than 400 points shall be counted for rating purposes as though it were a difference of 400 points”.
3. The following is a simple example when the rule is used:
4. FIDE will calculate Elo results for Player C:
5. Applying the FIDE rule of 400 points is the following:
6. If this Page is the first one of www.chesselo.com that you are visiting, you are recommended to begin reading from the very beginning by clicking the following link The FIDE calculation and chess Elo rating system in simple.
var _gaq = _gaq || ;
ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script'); s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);